- You have at least 1y experience with React. We decided to go with React for our frontend, as it offers the right flexibility, community and mobile friendliness that is needed in 2021.
- You have no problem with learning new technology on the go. You try to solve problems with more things than the ones you already know.
- You have been part of an (early stage) startup or a similar lean organization before. Working in an early stage startup can somehow be frightened, overwhelming and amazing at the same time. We want you to have experienced this before.
- You enjoy building a product from scratch. This means high involvement in the design process and understanding what customers want and need. It also means that you enjoy making technical decisions.
- You always keep the bigger picture in mind. Our frontend is the key to unlocking business impact for Pembe.io. So it is important, that you are able to assess for yourself what increases the conversion and improves the customer experience.
—> We are more than happy to be proven wrong. Simply apply if the job sounds good to you and we will have an honest conversation about you and the way you think about frontend development.
- Salary based on your experience. Fair cash compensation.
- Part time contract, flexible when needed. We try to find the perfect balance for you.
- Flexible working hours: We try to minimize the number of meetings (no external meetings before 2pm) and maximize our hours of focused deep work.
- Make an impact: Shape the Pembe.io experience for our customers and us alike. Decide on tools, processes and our go-to market, while we are building learning, growing and building together.
- Build your perfect setup: Mac/Linux, Mechanical Keyboard, Plugins, IDE. These are not expenses but investments. Tell us what is needed to make you productive, and we'll take care of it.
- Onsite first (central & cozy office): We believe in the advantages of working together, so we want to create the perfect environment for you.
- Diverse Team Events: We really enjoy a good online game now and then, but are also highly competitive in table soccer. Also, hopefully we'll be able to do more outdoor events this year.
- Remote possible: Being in the same place all the time is not always helpful, we are flexible when remote work is more convenient.
- Grow with us: We want to invest in your learning as well, no matter if these are books, online resources or any other methods to stay ahead the curve.
- Work on open-source projects: From Developers for Developers, collaborate with our community on open source projects around the Pembe.io API.
- Company health insurance (in case you are not from Germany and were wondering how it works over here).
About the process
Hiring can be an exhausting process, especially when you're the one trying to get hired. Therefore, we try to make this a fast and transparent process. Additionally, you will always have one contact person guiding you through the process and helping you to schedule meetings and setting you up on a path of success.
If you prefer, please share your pronoun directly in your application with us (e.g. he/him, she/her, theyhe/himhim, etc.).